Cobham Hall, Kent: Elevation of Dairy
- Former Title(s):
Cobham Hall, Kent: Elevation of a dairy for the Earl of Darnley
- ca. 1790
- Graphite, pen and black ink on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper with one fold mark
- Sheet: 13 1/4 × 21 3/4 inches (33.7 × 55.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper center: "Elevation of a Dairy for the | Earl of Darnley"; in graphite, upper right: "9 lines - 1-8 | 8 ditto - 8 9/8 | 1-3"; in graphite, lower right: "I sent this drawing as the | Little roofs is not in the | Others"; in pen and black ink, center, measurements given; in pen and black ink, lower center, scale 1in=3ft; inscribed on verso in pen and black ink, lower right: "Lord Darnley Dairy"; in graphite, lower half of sheet, measurements and calculations given; in graphite, upper left, "West arches brickworks | West Cloysters the neat"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "(74/8/14/14)(92) | (IR93)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | chimneys (architectural elements) | dairies (non-mechanized) | elevations (drawings) | pointed arches | windows
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Cobham Hall, Kent: Elevation of Dairy, ca. 1790
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.