Cobham Hall, Kent: Chamber Floor Plan of the Stables
- Graphite, pen and black ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 21 1/2 x 36 1/2 inches (54.6 x 92.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper center: "Chamber floor over the Stables | Cobham Hall - "; in pen and black ink, center, right: "South East Tower | of the House"; in pen and black ink, lower left: "Present Brewhouse"; in pen and black ink, lower center, scale 1in=6.7ft; inscribed on verso in pen and black ink, verso: "No 9 | Plan of the Chamber Floor over the Stables -| Cobham Hall"; in graphite, lower center: "(74/8/14/14) (98) | (IR 93)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | brewery | horse barns | plans (drawings) | stables | tower (building division)
- Associated Places:
- Cobham | Cobham Hall | England | Kent | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Cobham Hall, Kent: Chamber Floor Plan of the Stables, 1789
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.