Cobham Hall, Kent: Elevation of the South Front of the Stables
- Graphite, pen and black ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 x 21 1/4 inches (33 x 54 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper center: "elevation of the South Front of the Stables | marked F. on the Plan.- | Cobham Hall.-"; in black ink, center left: "Stone Cornice"; in black ink, center right: "Brick Cornice"; in black ink, lower center; "10"10"; in black ink, verso, lower right: "No. 14 | Elevation of the South front of the | stables marked F. in the Plan - | Cobham Hall"; in another hand, in graphite, lower left: "(74/8/14/14) (103) | (IR93)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | cornices | doors | elevations (drawings) | horse barns | plan (drawing) | stables | windows | windows
- Associated Places:
- Cobham | Cobham Hall | England | Kent | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Cobham Hall, Kent: Elevation of the South Front of the Stables, 1789
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.