Cobham Hall, Kent: Elevations of Stables
- Former Title(s):
Cobham Hall, Kent: Elevation of the South front of the stables and of the west front of the coach houses and stables
- Graphite, pen and black and brown ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 1/8 x 21 3/8 inches (33.3 x 54.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper center: "Elevation of the South front of the Stables | marked G. on the Plan. | Cobham Hall. -"; in black ink, upper left: "Present Brewhouse"; in black ink, center: "Elevation of the West front of the Coach houses & Stables | marked H in the Plan:"; in brown ink, lower center: "Stone Plinths 1ft high ... by 1 ft."; in graphite, lower left: measurements; in black ink, verso, lower right: "No 15 | elevation of the South Front of the | Stables marked G on the Plan | And Elevation of the West Front of | the Coach houses & Stables marked H. | in the Plan - | Cobham Hall"; in graphite and ink, verso: measurements; in another hand in graphite, verso, lower left: "(74/8/14/14) (104) | (IR93)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | coaches (carriages) | elevations (drawings) | horse barns | plan (drawing) | plinths | stables
- Associated Places:
- Cobham | Cobham Hall | England | Kent | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Cobham Hall, Kent: Elevations of Stables, 1789
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.