Cobham Hall, Kent: Elevations of Stables
- Former Title(s):
Cobham Hall, Kent: Elevation of the South front of the stables and of the west front of the coach houses and stables
- Graphite, pen and black and brown ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 1/8 x 21 3/8 inches (33.3 x 54.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper center: "Elevation of the South front of the Stables | marked G. on the Plan. | Cobham Hall. -"; in black ink, upper left: "Present Brewhouse"; in black ink, center: "Elevation of the West front of the Coach houses & Stables | marked H in the Plan:"; in brown ink, lower center: "Stone Plinths 1ft high ... by 1 ft."; in graphite, lower left: measurements; in black ink, verso, lower right: "No 15 | elevation of the South Front of the | Stables marked G on the Plan | And Elevation of the West Front of | the Coach houses & Stables marked H. | in the Plan - | Cobham Hall"; in graphite and ink, verso: measurements; in another hand in graphite, verso, lower left: "(74/8/14/14) (104) | (IR93)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | coaches (carriages) | elevations (drawings) | horse barns | plan (drawing) | plinths | stables
- Associated Places:
- Cobham | Cobham Hall | England | Kent | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Cobham Hall, Kent: Elevations of Stables, 1789
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.