- Cobham Hall, Kent: Plan of the Ground Floor of the Offices
- ca. 1790
- Graphite, pen and brown ink and watercolor on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 7/8 x 20 5/8 inches (27.6 x 52.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, left center: "present Laundry", "present servts hall"; in pen and brown ink, center left: "Larder", "Larder", "Present Kitchen"; in pen and black ink and graphite, lower center, bar scale labeled "10" to "60 feet"; in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Plan of the Ground Floor of the Offices"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "(74/8/14/14)"; in graphite, lower right: "87"
Watermark in the center; "IHS | IVILLRDARY"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | hall | halls, servants' | kitchens | larder | laundry | offices | plans (drawings) | servants | stairs
- Associated Places:
- Cobham | Cobham Hall | England | Kent | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Cobham Hall, Kent: Plan of the Ground Floor of the Offices, ca. 1790
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.