Cobham Hall, Kent: Plan of the Ground Floor of the Offices
- ca. 1790
- Graphite, pen and brown ink and watercolor on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 7/8 x 20 5/8 inches (27.6 x 52.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, left center: "present Laundry", "present servts hall"; in pen and brown ink, center left: "Larder", "Larder", "Present Kitchen"; in pen and black ink and graphite, lower center, bar scale labeled "10" to "60 feet"; in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Plan of the Ground Floor of the Offices"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "(74/8/14/14)"; in graphite, lower right: "87"
Watermark in the center; "IHS | IVILLRDARY"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | hall | halls, servants' | kitchens | larder | laundry | offices | plans (drawings) | servants | stairs
- Associated Places:
- Cobham | Cobham Hall | England | Kent | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Cobham Hall, Kent: Plan of the Ground Floor of the Offices, ca. 1790
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.