- Cobham Hall, Kent: Section Through the Offices
- Graphite, pen and black ink and watercolor on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper with one fold mark
- Sheet: 13 1/4 x 21 7/8 inches (33.7 x 55.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper center: "Section through the Offices | Earl of Darnley | Pitch of the roof to be | regulated by the present | one"; in pen and black ink, center left: "The passage to be lighted over the | Doors is at A & glassed with ground glass"; in pen and black ink lower center: "Door to | the house | keepers | room"; in pen and black ink, center right: "The height of this | Tower to be regulated | by the opposite one | at the other end of | the Offices"; in pen and black ink, lower center, bar scale labeled "0" to "30"; inscribed on verso in pen and black ink, upper left: "Section through the Offices | Earl of Darnley"; in graphite, upper right: "(74/8/14/14) (111) | (IR 93)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | doors | plans (drawings) | sections | tower (building division) | windows
- Associated Places:
- Cobham | Cobham Hall | England | Kent | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Cobham Hall, Kent: Section Through the Offices, 1798
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.