Cobham Hall, Kent: Section Through the Offices
- Graphite, pen and black ink and watercolor on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 1/4 x 21 7/8 inches (33.7 x 55.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper center: "Section through the Offices | Earl of Darnley | Pitch of the roof to be | regulated by the present | one"; in pen and black ink, center left: "The passage to be lighted over the | Doors is at A & glassed with ground glass"; in pen and black ink lower center: "Door to | the house | keepers | room"; in pen and black ink, center right: "The height of this | Tower to be regulated | by the opposite one | at the other end of | the Offices"; in pen and black ink, lower center, bar scale labeled "0" to "30"; inscribed on verso in pen and black ink, upper left: "Section through the Offices | Earl of Darnley"; in graphite, upper right: "(74/8/14/14) (111) | (IR 93)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | doors | plans (drawings) | sections | tower (building division) | windows
- Associated Places:
- Cobham | Cobham Hall | England | Kent | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Cobham Hall, Kent: Section Through the Offices, 1798
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.