IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Henry Hulsberg, active 1700s–died 1729, Netherlandish, active in London, Cobham Hall, Kent: The Elevation of Cobham Hall in Kent, 1715 to 1725
Cobham Hall, Kent: The Elevation of Cobham Hall in Kent
- 1715 to 1725
- Etching on slightly textured, moderately thick, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 × 15 1/4 inches (25.4 × 38.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "51"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "IR 93/631"
Lettered, lower center: "The Elevation of Cobham Hall in Kent late the Seat of the Dukes of Lennox and Richmond non of the Rt Hon.ble Lady Theodosia Blyth, and John Blyth Esq.r her Housband | to whom this Plate is most humbly Inscrib'd | Elevation de la Maison de Cobham dans la Comte de Kent || Ca: Campbell Delin:"; lower left: "Inigo Jones Inv:"; lower right: "H: Hulbergh Sculp:"; lower center: "60 Feet | Extends 131"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | elevation (building division) | house
- Associated Places:
- Cobham | Cobham Hall | England | Europe | Kent | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.