Design for Clifton Castle, Yorkshire: Plan and Elevation in the Classical Style
- Former Title(s):
Plan and Elevation, in the classical style
- ca. 1780-1790
- Pen and black ink, graphite, watercolor on smooth, moderately thick, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 19 × 12 inches (48.3 × 30.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, plan labeled: "Pantry", "S. Room", "Dineing Room | 30 by 21", "Drawing Room | 39 by 26", "Library | 21.6 by 21", "Vestibule", "Breakfast Room | 21.6 by 21"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, Design for Clifton Castle, Yorkshire: Plan and Elevation in the Classical Style, ca. 1780-1790
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.