Design for Clifton Castle, Yorkshire: Plan and Elevation in the Gothic Style
- Former Title(s):
Plan and elevation in the gothic style with circular towers at the ends
- ca. 1780-1790
- Graphite, pen and black ink, watercolor on textured, thin, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 19 × 25 inches (48.3 × 63.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, bottom of sheet, bar scale labeled; inscribed on verso in pen and black ink, lower right: "Plan for Clifton Castle | (not carried out)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, Design for Clifton Castle, Yorkshire: Plan and Elevation in the Gothic Style, ca. 1780-1790
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.