Design for Clifton Castle, Yorkshire: Plan and Elevation in the Gothic Style
- Former Title(s):
Plan and elevation in the gothic style with circular towers at the ends
- ca. 1780-1790
- Graphite, pen and black ink, watercolor on textured, thin, beige laid paper
- 19 × 25 inches (48.3 × 63.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, bottom of sheet, bar scale labeled; inscribed on verso in pen and black ink, lower right: "Plan for Clifton Castle | (not carried out)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, Design for Clifton Castle, Yorkshire: Plan and Elevation in the Gothic Style, ca. 1780-1790
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.