Designs for Clifton Castle, Yorkshire: Two Alternative Elevations
- Former Title(s):
Two Elevations to 7
- Materials & Techniques:
- Gray wash with pen and black ink over graphite on slightly textured, medium, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 × 15 inches (25.4 × 38.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower left: "Plan No 2"; in pen and black ink, center: "South"; in pen and black ink, lower center: "North"; inscribed on verso in graphite, center: "Harrisons Plan", in pen and black ink: "Timothy Hutton Esqr. | Clifton near Masham | Yorkshire"; in graphite, right: "This name | is on plan when | got from Clifton | Castle Sale | Note Chester straight | line postmark"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Harrison, 1744–1829, British, Designs for Clifton Castle, Yorkshire: Two Alternative Elevations, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.