- Herstmonceux Castle, East Sussex: South East View
- Graphite and watercolor within triple-ruled and wash border on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 18 5/8 x 25 1/4 inches (47.3 x 64.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower center: "The Southea[s]t View of HERSTMONCEUX CASTLE Su[ss]ex ."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | cattle | landscape | trees | turrets (towers)
- Associated Places:
- East Sussex | England | Europe | Herstmonceux | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
John Howard Farrant, The drawings of Herstmonceaux Castle by James Lambert, senior and junior, 1776-7, Sussex Archaeological Collections, vol. 148, Sussex Archaeological Society, 2010, pp. 177-81, V 2312 (YCBA) Offprint
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Lambert of Lewes, 1725–1788, British, Herstmonceux Castle, East Sussex: South East View, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.