IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Charles Gore, 1729–1807, British, Herstmonceux, 1787
- Watercolor and pen and brown ink on slightly textured, medium, white laid paper
- Sheet: 15 1/4 × 7 1/16 inches (38.7 × 17.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper right: "Herstmonceaux by Charles Gore Esq.r 1787"; inscribed in graphite, center: "From the Coll.n of W.H.B. Fletcher J.P. | of Aldwick Trianon (formerly Berster | Lodge) B[...]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | exterior view | house
- Associated Places:
- East Sussex | England | Europe | Herstmonceux | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.