The Meat Market
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, pen and brown ink, and gouache on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 x 10 3/4 inches (22.9 x 27.3 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "BRITISH SCHOOL (POLLARD, J.?) | THE MEAT MARKET" ; in graphite, lower center: "62/12/6/14"
Embossed mark (with crown): "Briton Paper"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- aprons (main garments) | boots | butcher shop | cane | coats | dog (animal) | doorway | genre subject | handkerchief | hats | holly | hooks (fasteners) | icicles | market (building) | meat | men | sidewalk | steps | storefront | table (support furniture) | tablecloths | woman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.