The Meat Market
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, pen and brown ink, and gouache on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 x 10 3/4 inches (22.9 x 27.3 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "BRITISH SCHOOL (POLLARD, J.?) | THE MEAT MARKET" ; in graphite, lower center: "62/12/6/14"
Embossed mark (with crown): "Briton Paper"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- aprons (main garments) | boots | butcher shop | cane | coats | dog (animal) | doorway | genre subject | handkerchief | hats | holly | hooks (fasteners) | icicles | market (building) | meat | men | sidewalk | steps | storefront | table (support furniture) | tablecloths | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.