- The Church of St. Magnus the Martyr, London Bridge, with the Monument in the Background
- Watercolor with pen in brown ink over graphite with gouache and arabic gum on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 13 11/16 x 10 5/8 inches (34.8 x 27 cm)
Signed and dated in brown ink, lower right: "Thos Boys, | 1832"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | barrel (container) | boats | bridge (built work) | church | cityscape | figures | genre subject | lamp (lighting device) | monument | river | steeple | steps | walking
- Associated Places:
- Church of St. Magnus the Martyr | City of London | England | Greater London | London | London Bridge | Monument to the Great Fire of London | Thames | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Shotter Boys, 1803–1874, British, The Church of St. Magnus the Martyr, London Bridge, with the Monument in the Background, 1832
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.