IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Richard Wilson RA, 1713/4–1782, British, active in Italy (1750–56), Shepherd Seated Under a Tree, undated
Shepherd Seated Under a Tree
- Black chalk and white chalk on medium, rough, blue laid paper
- Mount: 18 x 12 inches (45.7 x 30.5 cm), Sheet: 15 3/4 x 9 7/8 inches (40 x 25.1 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape | seated | shepherd | staff (walking stick) | tree
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Painting in England 1700-1850, collection of Mr. & Mrs. Paul Mellon. , Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, Richmond, VA, 1963, imto. p. 17, p. 62, no. 56, ND466 V57 v.1-2 (YCBA) [YCBA]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.