- Additional Title(s):
- Brown wash and white gouache on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 18 3/4 x 12 7/8 inches (47.6 x 32.7 cm)
On back, in graphite, lower right "2629 | EHC| Me[?atyard] 21.8.20"; below "c | 77" and below "Prov. 1840 sale lot 1197 | Px R [?Willett] 1808"; on mount, in pen and brown ink, bottom left: "539_2"; bottom center "John Van Wycke" and bottom right "WE".
Bottom center "John Van Wycke"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | deer | hunt | landscape | riders, horseback | sporting art | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
John Baskett, Paul Mellon's Legacy: a Passion for British Art: Masterpieces from the Yale Center for British Art, , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 2007, p. 246, no. 12, N5220 M552 P38 2007 OVERSIZE (YCBA)
Maurice Harold Grant, A chronological history of the old English landscape painters (in oil), From the XVIth century to the XIXth century , 8 v., F. Lewis, Publishers, Limited, London, UK, 1957, p. 46, ND1354 G73 1957 OVERSIZE (YCBA)
Paul Mellon's Legacy, a passion for British art. [large print labels] , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 2007, v. 2, no. 12, N5220 M552 +P381 2007, Mellon Shelf (YCBA)