London from the South West
- Watercolor and scraping out on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/8 x 10 3/4 inches (15.6 x 27.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink lower left: "J Varley 1831"; in pen and brown ink lower center: "J Varley J Varley"
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink lower left: "J Varley 1831"; Signed in pen and brown ink lower center: "J Varley J Varley"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- campers | camps | cathedral | cattle | fields | genre subject | hills | landscape | shepherds | smoke | spires | tents | towers | trees | valleys
- Associated Places:
- England | London | St. Paul's Cathedral | United Kingdom | Westminster Abbey
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Varley, 1778–1842, British, London from the South West, 1831
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.