- Herstmonceux Castle for the history and description of the Sussex Coast
- Engraving on smooth, moderately thick, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 5/8 × 11 inches (37.1 × 27.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "L[P?] proof on India paper"; inscribed on verso in graphite, center: "(India paper proof on | large paper)"; in graphite, lower right: "From W.H.B. Fletcher's Coll.n"
Lettered, center: "HURSTMONCEAUX CASTLE [sic] | For the History and description of the Sussex Court"; lower left: "C. Scott delin."; lower right: "C.J. Smith sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Charles John Smith, 1803–1838, British, Herstmonceux Castle for the history and description of the Sussex Coast, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.