Designs executed for Jones and Willis, metal and wood-workers and church furniture manufacturers of Birmingham and London
- Black ink, graphite and watercolor on thin, smooth, bege wove paper mounted on thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 17 5/8 × 25 3/4 inches (44.8 × 65.4 cm) and Mount: 20 1/4 × 28 1/4 inches (51.4 × 71.8 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, lower left: "Design for [?Hubridued] Allen [?Ruital-] | to be worked as green velvet | [?...]; in black ink, upper left: "Blue vase | with file line"; in black ink, center "This Allen [?...] should a line [?...] | in length - which w come to about | 7'10-""
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Edmund Street, 1824–1881, British, Designs executed for Jones and Willis, metal and wood-workers and church furniture manufacturers of Birmingham and London, 1850
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.