The Good Samaritan
- Gray wash and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/2 × 4 1/2 inches (16.5 × 11.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "The Good Samaritan"; inscribed on verso in graphite, center: "DH082 | Sir Richard Westmacott R A 1775-1856 | The Good Samaritan 1801| Coll: 9 [...]"; lower center: "A [...] to the [...] of | B. [...] Royal Academy | 1801. No 1023."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- genre subject | helping | horses (animals) | jar | men | slouching | trees
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Sir Richard Westmacott, 1775–1856, German, The Good Samaritan, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.