- between 1785 and 1786
- Watercolor and graphite with pen and black ink on medium, smooth, cream laid paper mounted on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 3 1/2 x 4 1/2 inches (8.9 x 11.4 cm) and Contemporary drawn border: 5 1/2 × 6 3/8 inches (14 × 16.2 cm)
Signed in black ink, lower right: "FW"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apron (main garment) | dress | fence | foliage | gate | genre subject | hat | hills | kerchief | pastoral | sheep | shepherdess | shoes (footwear) | trees | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Wheatley, 1747–1801, British, Adelaide, between 1785 and 1786
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.