IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Francis Wheatley, 1747–1801, British, Adelaide, between 1785 and 1786
- Additional Title(s):
A Pastoral Scene - A Shepherdess with Three Sheep
- between 1785 and 1786
- Watercolor and graphite with pen and black ink on medium, smooth, cream laid paper mounted on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 3 1/2 x 4 1/2 inches (8.9 x 11.4 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 5 1/2 × 6 3/8 inches (14 × 16.2 cm)
Signed in black ink, lower right: "FW"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apron (main garment) | dress | fence | foliage | gate | genre subject | hat | hills | kerchief | pastoral | sheep | shepherdess | shoes (footwear) | trees | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.