Richard Wilson RA, 1713/4–1782, British, active in Italy (1750–56), An Underground Shrine with Two Figures Kneeling before a Pieta, undated
An Underground Shrine with Two Figures Kneeling before a Pieta
- Graphite and watercolor white gouache on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 1/2 x 5 9/16 inches (16.5 x 14.1 cm)
Inscribed verso in graphite, lower right: "25"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | chandelier | kneeling | lamp | painting (visual work) | people | pieta | prayer | sculpture | shrine
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.