An Underground Shrine with Two Figures Kneeling before a Pieta
- Graphite and watercolor white gouache on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 1/2 x 5 9/16 inches (16.5 x 14.1 cm)
Inscribed verso in graphite, lower right: "25"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | chandelier | kneeling | lamp | painting (visual work) | people | pieta | prayer | sculpture | shrine
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Richard Wilson, 1713/4–1782, British, active in Italy (1750–56), An Underground Shrine with Two Figures Kneeling before a Pieta, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.