- Gray wash, green wash, brown wash, black chalk, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, brown wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/2 x 12 1/8 inches (24.1 x 30.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "9 June 1868."; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper center: "Samuel Palmer"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Associated Places:
- Box Hill | England | Europe | North Downs | Surrey | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
attributed to Samuel Palmer, 1805–1881, British, active in Italy (1837–39), Boxhill, 1868
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.