IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
attributed to Samuel Palmer, 1805–1881, British, active in Italy (1837–39), Boxhill, 1868
- Additional Title(s):
- Gray wash, green wash, brown wash, black chalk, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, brown wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/2 x 12 1/8 inches (24.1 x 30.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "9 June 1868."; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper center: "Samuel Palmer"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Associated Places:
- Box Hill | England | Europe | North Downs | Surrey | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.