IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Richard Wilson RA, 1713/4–1782, British, active in Italy (1750–56), The Falls at Tivoli, between 1752 and 1757
The Falls at Tivoli
- between 1752 and 1757
- Gray wash, graphite, and white chalk on medium, slightly textured, blue laid paper
- Sheet: 9 1/4 x 14 1/8 inches (23.5 x 35.9 cm), Mount: 10 3/4 x 15 5/8 inches (27.3 x 39.7 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | city | Grand Tour | landscape | mountains | waterfall
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Italy | Lazio | Roma | Tivoli
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Classic Ground - British Artists and the Landscape of Italy, 1740-1830 (Yale Center for British Art, 1981-07-29 - 1981-09-20) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.