- Battersea Bridge
- Watercolor with scraping over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 15/16 x 19 1/2 inches (30.4 x 49.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount, lower right: "J. VARLEY | 85"; on back of mount, center: "John Varley | A View of Battersea Bridge"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- basket | boats | boys | bridge (built work) | buildings | canoe | caps | cart | chains | children | church | cityscape | coats | dress | figures | fishing | genre subject | jackets | jug | lampposts | landscape | log | men | mother | oars | pitcher | reeds | riverbank | rowing | sailboats | sails | shore (landform) | trees | trousers | walking | willow | women
- Associated Places:
- Battersea | Battersea Bridge | Chelsea | England | Greater London | Thames | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, Battersea Bridge, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.