- Black chalk on medium, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 14 x 21 3/8 inches (35.6 x 54.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Margate 1767"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Margate 17", inscribed in green pigmnent, upper left: "360"
411- 1766 - EH - London print, w/m of Lubertus van Gerrevink. p. 306 of Watermarks in Paper, by W.A. Churchill.
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | carriages | chimney | cityscape | figures | harbor | horses (animals) | men | sailboats | sails | wagons | wheels | women | wood
- Associated Places:
- England | Kent | Margate | Thanet, Isle of | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
attributed to Benjamin West, 1738–1820, American, active in Britain (from 1763), Margate, 1767
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.