Gaspard Le Marchant Tupper, 1862–1906, Cape Aia and Balaklava Bay, 1854, 1854
Cape Aia and Balaklava Bay, 1854
- Watercolor and white gouache on moderately thick, moderately textured, light blue, wove paper
- 7 3/8 x 21 inches (18.7 x 53.3 cm)
Inscribed, in artist's hand, ink, upper right: "Balaklava Harbour and bay - Cape Aia in the distance."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bay | cape | cliff | coast | fog | geology | landscape | marine art | ocean | science | sea | water | wind
- Associated Places:
- Balaklava | Balaklava bay | Ukraine
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.