Cape Aia and Balaklava Bay, 1854
- Watercolor and white gouache on moderately thick, moderately textured, light blue, wove paper
- Sheet: 7 3/8 x 21 inches (18.7 x 53.3 cm)
Inscribed, in artist's hand, ink, upper right: "Balaklava Harbour and bay - Cape Aia in the distance."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bay | cape | cliff | coast | fog | geology | landscape | marine art | ocean | science | sea | water | wind
- Associated Places:
- Balaklava | Balaklava bay | Ukraine
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Gaspard Le Marchant Tupper, 1862–1906, Cape Aia and Balaklava Bay, 1854, 1854
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.