IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Gaspard Le Marchant Tupper, 1862–1906, The Harbour of Sebastopol, 1854
The Harbour of Sebastopol
- Watercolor, white gouache on moderately thick, slightly textured, light blue, wove paper
- Sheet: 6 7/8 x 20 3/8 inches (17.5 x 51.8 cm)
Inscribed, in artist's hand, ink, upper right: "Harbour of Sebastapol-Shewing the actual position of the Russian Fleet Dec/54-taken from Zollave Piquet. Russian steamers-'Chersonese' & 'Gromonosetz' in the foreground."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bay | boat | cape | cliff | coast | fleet | fog | harbor | harbour | marine art | navy | ocean | russia | sea | ship | water | wind
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.