- The Harbour of Sebastopol
- Watercolor, white gouache on moderately thick, slightly textured, light blue, wove paper
- Sheet: 6 7/8 x 20 3/8 inches (17.5 x 51.8 cm)
Inscribed, in artist's hand, ink, upper right: "Harbour of Sebastapol-Shewing the actual position of the Russian Fleet Dec/54-taken from Zollave Piquet. Russian steamers-'Chersonese' & 'Gromonosetz' in the foreground."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bay | boat | cape | cliff | coast | fleet | fog | harbor | harbour | marine art | navy | ocean | russia | sea | ship | water | wind
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Gaspard Le Marchant Tupper, 1862–1906, The Harbour of Sebastopol, 1854
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.