- Richmond Castle, Yorkshire
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/2 × 13 1/2 inches (24.1 × 34.3 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "J. Thirtle"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | cows | lake | Norman | towers (building divisions) | trees
- Associated Places:
- England | Richmond | Richmond Castle | United Kingdom | Yorkshire
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Painting in England 1700-1850, collection of Mr. & Mrs. Paul Mellon. , Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, Richmond, VA, 1963, p. 103, no. 171, ND466 V57 v.1-2 (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
follower of John Thirtle, 1777–1839, British, Richmond Castle, Yorkshire, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.