IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
follower of John Thirtle, 1777–1839, British, Richmond Castle, Yorkshire, undated
Richmond Castle, Yorkshire
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/2 × 13 1/2 inches (24.1 × 34.3 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "J. Thirtle"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | cows | lake | Norman | towers (building divisions) | trees
- Associated Places:
- England | Richmond | Richmond Castle | United Kingdom | Yorkshire
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Painting in England 1700-1850, collection of Mr. & Mrs. Paul Mellon. , Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, Richmond, VA, 1963, p. 103, no. 171, ND466 V57 v.1-2 (YCBA) [YCBA]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.