Trees and a Cottage by a River
- Additional Title(s):
Trees and a Cottage by a River - Pond?
- Black chalk and gum on medium, cream, smooth wove paper mounted on medium, gray, smooth wove paper
- 6 1/4 x 8 1/8 inches (15.9 x 20.6 cm) and 9 3/8 x 11 1/2 inches (23.8 x 29.2 cm)
Inscribed lower right in graphtie: "B[...]"; in artist's hand in pen and black ink lower right: "R. P. Bonington"; inscribed on mount in pen and black ink, lower center: "Sketch by the late celebrated artist, Richard Parkes Bonnington Esq. | Drawn for Henriette A Eliot, in her presence | -Paris-1827-; inscribed on mount in graphite center right: "leave | this"
Signed lower right in pen and black ink: "R. P. Bonington"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cottage | figures | landscape | river | trees
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Richard Parkes Bonington, 1802–1828, British, Trees and a Cottage by a River, 1827