A Cottage among Trees, Shoreham
- Pen and black ink with gray wash on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- 10 7/8 x 7 1/2 inches (27.6 x 19.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, top: "S.P. | Shoreham Period | One of seven of pen and ink [...] form [...]"; in graphite, upper center: "note by AHP| Mot[..] Har[...]l"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cottage | landscape | trees | woods
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Kent | Shoreham | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Palmer, 1805–1881, British, active in Italy (1837–39), A Cottage among Trees, Shoreham, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.