Snowdon, an Approaching Storm
- Gray wash with pen and brown ink and pen and black ink on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 3/4 x 12 3/4 inches (17.1 x 32.4 cm)
Inscribed on verso in brown ink, upper center: "Snowdon | Under a Cloud- | JWD.RA_1853~"
Collector's mark: "T.E. Lowinsky"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- clouds | landscape | meteorology | science | storm
- Associated Places:
- Cymru | Snowdon | United Kingdom | Wales
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
A loan exhibition of English drawings and watercolours from the collection of Mr and Mrs Paul Mellon of Upperville, Virginia, P. & D. Colnaghi & Co., London, 1964, cat. no. 79, N5247.M385 L62 (YCBA)
English Drawings and Watercolours from the Mellon Collection, The Times (London), issue no. 56195, December 15, 1964, p. 6, Available online: The Times Digital Archive Also available on Microfilm: Film An T482 (SML)
Yale University Art Gallery, English drawings and watercolors, from the collection of Mr. and Mrs. Paul Mellon, April 15 - June 20, 1965 , New Haven, 1965, Cat. No. 79, NC228 Y34 (YCBA)