Study of the Hermaphrodite
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 5 3/8 x 8 3/4 inches (13.7 x 22.2 cm)
Inscribed on back in graphite center encircled: "1"; in graphite center: "D 1047/ J. Brown 1752-1787 | The artist worked with Fuseli. | LGD
Signed in pen and gray ink lower right: "J: Brown."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bed | figures (representations) | hermaphrodite | man | nude | pillows | sheets | woman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Brown, 1749–1787, British, Study of the Hermaphrodite, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.