William Callow, 1812–1908, British, active in France, Garden Stair, Haddon Hall, 1849
Garden Stair, Haddon Hall
- Watercolor over graphite on cream, moderately thic, slightly textured, wove paper, mounted on cream, very thick, moderately textured, cardboard, mount has illunimated trim border
- 7 1/4 × 11 inches (18.4 × 27.9 cm) and 5 1/8 × 9 inches (13 × 22.9 cm)
inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Haddon | Oct. 16/49"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | country house | garden | Late Renaissance | staircases | stone | terraces | trees | windows
- Associated Places:
- Bakewell | Derbyshire | England | Europe | Haddon Hall | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.