William Callow, 1812–1908, British, active in France, Garden Stair, Haddon Hall, 1849
Garden Stair, Haddon Hall
- Watercolor over graphite on cream, moderately thic, slightly textured, wove paper, mounted on cream, very thick, moderately textured, cardboard, mount has illunimated trim border
- Mount: 7 1/4 × 11 inches (18.4 × 27.9 cm) and Sheet: 5 1/8 × 9 inches (13 × 22.9 cm)
inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Haddon | Oct. 16/49"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | country house | garden | Late Renaissance | staircases | stone | terraces | trees | windows
- Associated Places:
- Bakewell | Derbyshire | England | Europe | Haddon Hall | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.