Convent at Valmontone. November 1790
- Part Of:
- Graphite, pen and brown ink, and brown wash on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper mounted on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 16 3/8 x 22 5/8 inches (41.6 x 57.5 cm) and Contemporary drawn border: 17 5/16 x 23 5/8 inches (44 x 60 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink on page below mounted image, lower left: "No 1."; lower center: "Convent at Valmontone. November 1790."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | convent | genre subject | Grand Tour | landscape | road
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Italy | Lazio | Roma | Valmontone
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Sir Richard Colt Hoare, 1758–1838, British, Convent at Valmontone. November 1790, 1790
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.