IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Sir Richard Colt Hoare, 1758–1838, British, Convent at Valmontone. November 1790, 1790
Convent at Valmontone. November 1790
- Part Of:
Collective Title: [One from a volume of 66] "Views Drawn from Nature in the Neighborhood of Rome and Abruzzo etc. By Sir Richard Colt Hoare Bart. In the Years 1786 to 1790"
- Graphite, pen and brown ink, and brown wash on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper mounted on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 16 3/8 x 22 5/8 inches (41.6 x 57.5 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 17 5/16 x 23 5/8 inches (44 x 60 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink on page below mounted image, lower left: "No 1."; lower center: "Convent at Valmontone. November 1790."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | convent | genre subject | Grand Tour | landscape | road
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Italy | Lazio | Roma | Valmontone
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.