The Fight Interrupted
- Brown wash with pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 7/8 × 4 inches (12.4 × 10.2 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, center: "[...] White"; in graphite, lower right: "D 2893"
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apron | boys | children (people by age group) | fighting | genre subject | man | smock | trees | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
William Mulready, 1786–1863, Irish, The Fight Interrupted, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.