The Fight Interrupted
- Brown wash with pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 7/8 × 4 inches (12.4 × 10.2 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, center: "[...] White"; in graphite, lower right: "D 2893"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apron | boys | children (people by age group) | fighting | genre subject | man | smock | trees | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
William Mulready, 1786–1863, Irish, The Fight Interrupted, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.