Officer with Cockade and Sword
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor and graphite with pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 × 3 3/4 inches (15.2 × 9.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper right: "35"; in graphite, lower right: "[...]"; on verso in graphite, lower center: "15 | D2352 | James Roberts [...] 1773-99 | Signed with initals and dated 1780 | LGD"
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- breeches | cockade | costume | epaulettes | figure study | hat | jacket | officer (military officer) | stockings | sword | uniform
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Roberts, active 1766–1809, British, Officer with Cockade and Sword, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.