- Shepheard, Field and Haughton (fighting)
- Watercolor, brown ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 1/8 × 6 3/8 inches (20.6 × 16.2 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "[...]"; center right: "No Ref"; lower center: "Shepheard Field | Haughton"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- caricature | coats | fighting | genre subject | giant | men | shoes
- Associated People:
- Field, John (1771–1841) silhouettist
Haughton, Matthew (bap. 1766, d. 1821), painter and engraver
Shepheard, George (1770–1842), watercolour painter and engraver
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Shepheard, ca. 1770–1842, British, Shepheard, Field and Haughton (fighting), undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.