IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
John Taylor, 1739–1838, British, Study of a Man Asleep on a Bench, undated
Study of a Man Asleep on a Bench
- Gray wash and graphite with pen and black ink on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 3/16 × 6 13/16 inches (15.7 × 17.3 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "D .641"
Watermark; collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bench | figure study | hat | man | sleeping | smocks
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.