IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Sir James Thornhill, 1675–1734, British, Neptune, undated
- Pen and brown ink with gray wash over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 3/8 x 6 11/16 inches (18.7 x 17 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "D3345/ | Sir James Thornhill 1676-1734 |LGD"
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beach | cliffs | horses (animals) | men | putti | religious and mythological subject | sea | women
- Associated People:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.