IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Julius Tidd, active 1773–1779, A Bridal Pair (Figures copied from Hogarth's Rake's Progress), 1780
A Bridal Pair (Figures copied from Hogarth's Rake's Progress)
- Watercolor with pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 5 1/4 × 9 inches (13.3 × 22.9 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "D. 3539"
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
Signed in pen and black ink, upper right: "Julius Tidd | Dec 22, 1780"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bride | fan (costume accessory) | figure study | gloves | groom | maids | man | weddings | women
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.