Murder in the Carriage (Probably a Design for The Tyburn Chronicle)
- Gray wash and graphite with pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 1/2 × 4 inches (16.5 × 10.2 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "D 1041"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- carriage | death | gallows | genre subject | horse (animal) | man | murder | woman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Wale RA, 1721–1786, British, Murder in the Carriage (Probably a Design for The Tyburn Chronicle), undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.