Conversation on a Country Road
- Watercolor and graphite with pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper mounted moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet (cropped to image): 7 1/8 x 9 1/8 inches (18.1 x 23.2 cm)
Signed and dated in brown ink, lower left: "RW. 1799"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- breeches (trousers) | cows | dog (animal) | donkeys | genre subject | landscape | men | resting | road | travel | trees | vest
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Painting in England 1700-1850, collection of Mr. & Mrs. Paul Mellon. , Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, Richmond, VA, 1963, p. 102, no. 164, ND466 V57 v.1-2 (YCBA)