Gebel Shk. es Said, near Mellawi; 5:00 P.M., 6 Jan. 1867 (90)
- Part Of:
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- 3 1/2 × 7 inches (8.9 × 17.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Gebel Shk es Said | 5.PM.Jany 6.1867 near Mellawi."; inscribed in pen and brown ink, over graphite, lower right: "(90)"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, over graphite, lower center: "child with dress, just like WHH after plow girl."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors-Sketchbooks
- Prints and Drawings
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Gebel Shk. es Said, near Mellawi; 5:00 P.M., 6 Jan. 1867 (90), 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.