- Near Thebes; 9:00 A.M., 18 Jan. 1867 (194)
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and brown ink on medium, slightyly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 3 5/16 x 6 7/8in. (8.4 x 17.5cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower center: "near Thebes. 9.AM. 18. Jany. 1867."; inscribed in pen and brown ink, over graphite, lower right: "194)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors-Sketchbooks
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Near Thebes; 9:00 A.M., 18 Jan. 1867 (194), 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.