Rheinfels and St. Goar
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 8 1/4 x 11 1/16 inches (21 x 28.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Reinfels | St. Goar"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: " D 1309"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
Signed in graphite, lower right: "WC"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | blue | castle | hills | landscape | mountains | river | rocks (landforms) | ruins | shores (landforms) | sky | steeples | village
- Associated Places:
- Germany | Rheinland-Pfalz | Rhine | Sankt Goar
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
William Callow, 1812–1908, British, active in France, Rheinfels and St. Goar, 1838
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.