Study of a Lady Asleep in a Chair
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 3/4 x 9 inches (27.3 x 22.9 cm)
Inscribed on back in graphite center underlined: "D892 A.E. Chalon RA 1780-1860 | LCD"
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chair | dress | headscarves | sleeping | tables (support furniture) | women
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Alfred Edward Chalon, 1780–1860, British, Study of a Lady Asleep in a Chair, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.