Ramsay Richard Reinagle, 1775–1862, British, Hercules Resting, undated
- Black chalk with pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 3/4 x 11 1/2in. (22.2 x 29.2cm) and Sheet: 8 5/8 × 11 1/2 inches (21.9 × 29.2 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "3237"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- club | figure study | historical subject | man | muscles | nude | resting
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.