IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
John Inigo Richards RA, 1730/31?–1810, British, Brougham Castle, undated
- Watercolor, wash, and pen and black ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 3/4 × 13 1/4 inches (22.2 × 33.7 cm)
Inscribed on mount in graphite, lower right: "22x16 | David Coz, lines [...] gold."; inscribed on mount on verso in pen and gray ink, lower left: Richards RA"; in graphite, lower right: "163"
Lettered on mount in black ink, lower center: "Brougham Castle | J. I. RICHARDS, R.A. | C. 1740-1810."
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "J. Richards, R.A."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | landscape | river | riverbank | ruins
- Associated Places:
- Cumbria | England | Europe | Penrith | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.