- Materials & Techniques:
- Gray wash and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 13/16 x 9 1/2 inches (17.3 x 24.1 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, "Rome 1781"
Signed and dated on verso in graphite, "John Smith | 1781"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- forest | Grand Tour | landscape | mountains | trees
- Associated Places:
- Alps | Switzerland
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.